Rental agents are a vital part of the Management team. It is the rental agents responsibility to liaise between the residents in the building and the support staff. It is the rental agents duty to attend to all prospective tenants and ensure that vacant suites are leased in a timely manner.
- Rent unfurnished and furnished suites as they become vacant which can include advertising, meeting prospective tenants, reviewing applications, and managing repairs.
- Attend to the collection and safe deposit of all rent monies and other amounts receivable from tenants.
- Process move out/in reports, write up maintenance requirements, leases, and work orders.
- Respond to tenant inquiries and requests for maintenance
- Ensure that the interior and exterior of the building is clean and in good order at all times.
- Conduct rent collection, issue receipts, pursue NSF cheques, and maintain accurate records as specified by the property manager.
- Maintain strict security control of all keys and ensure security of all electrical rooms, boiler rooms, and common rooms.
- Regularly conduct building inspections and make recommendations for preventative maintenance. Notify management concerning need for major repairs.
- Enforce the provisions of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- All general apartment management duties, and office clerical duties.
- Relevant sales/leasing experience
- Able to work flexible hours
- 1-2 years of experience working in an office environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and Yardi
- Excellent customer service skills